The fintech space is a burgeoning field full of seasoned professionals and curious students who want to dive deeper into the application of technology in the finance industry. As such, there are a number of networking opportunities, events, and groups to help you connect with other like-minded professionals and further expand your knowledge. Continue reading to find some of the top opportunities you can take advantage of.
For professionals in the fintech field who want to connect with others and develop their own skills and abilities, joining a professional association could be a great option. Here are some of the top professional fintech associations in the country.
- Association for Financial Technology: This is likely the most notable professional organization in the fintech sector. With an equal focus on networking and professional development, members of AFT can get direct access to leaders in the field and gain valuable insights and experiences to help with their career development. AFT holds in-person events throughout the year in addition to having helpful resources available 24/7. Click here to learn more and apply for a membership today.
- Financial Technology Association: FTA is a trade organization for industry leaders that are dedicated to the development of responsible technological innovation in the finance industry. Based in Washington, D.C., the association operates with the understanding that fintech offers value not just for the overall economy but for small businesses and consumers as well. FTA offers great resources to help make financial services more available to all. Click here to join FTA today.
- American Fintech Council: While more tailored to fintech companies than individual professionals, the American Fintech Council is focused on fostering responsible and valuable fintech products and applications for consumers. As a member of AFC, companies can gain access to educational resources about the latest market trends and learn how they can make their products more inclusive and accessible. Inquire here to become a member.
Fintech Conferences and Events
If you’re seeking an in-person event to meet up with individuals in the space and learn about the latest in the field, you might consider attending a fintech conference or other related event.
These are some of the top fintech conferences happening in the US in the next year.
- Fintech Devcon: The Fintech Devcon conference, scheduled for August 23–25 in Austin, Texas, stands out as a one-of-a-kind event tailored exclusively for fintech developers and builders. Attendees will expand their knowledge about the field and look ahead at the coming decade of innovation. The conference is full of hands-on experiences, trade secrets, best practices, and more, all shared by the field’s top developers. If you’re interested in attending, you can get your tickets now.
- Fintech Meetup: This event takes place March 3–6, 2024, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The hosts consider their conference the “future of fintech events.” Full of speakers, content, and tech-enabled experiences, the Fintech Meetup explores the latest trends and innovations that are disrupting payments, banking, and financial services. Overall, this event is meant to help fintech professionals network and discover new organizations and opportunities that generate a measurable ROI. Registration is open now, but is expected to sell out.
- Fintech Nexus USA: Held April 17–18, 2024, at the Javits Center in New York City, Fintech Nexus USA is one of the largest fintech events in the world. With over 4,000 attendees, over 300 speakers, and over 250 sponsors and exhibitors, this event brings together bank leaders, fintech professionals, and investors to look ahead at the future of the financial services industry right in one of the world’s top financial centers. You can register for tickets here.
Student Fintech Organizations
There are also plenty of organizations specifically designed for fintech students to become more familiar with the space and learn about the real-world applications of their studies. Take a look at some of the top student fintech organizations found at universities and colleges across the country.
- Wharton FinTech: Found at the esteemed University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, Wharton FinTech is one of the largest student-led fintech organizations in the country, aimed at education, thought leadership, community engagement, and career development.
- Fordham FinTech Network: Fordham University has its own fintech organization that connects students, faculty members, and industry professionals to stay educated on the latest in the fintech field. The organization hosts regular events, workshops, and research initiatives.
- Haas FinTech Club: Available to students at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, this student-led organization has been around since 2016, focusing on education, networking, and career development in the fintech field.
- Columbia FinTech: Sponsored by the Columbia Business School Alumni Association, this student-led organization is aimed at education, community building, and innovation in the fintech space.
- HLS Blockchain & FinTech Initiative: This is Harvard Law School’s student-run organization that centers around fintech, crypto, and DeFi subjects. The club takes a comprehensive approach to the legal, social, political, and economic factors surrounding these technologies, both across the US and around the globe.